Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Ukulele FTW!

Today I finally managed to upload the videos from when I were at the Trellebelle ukulele orchestra. I took while to figure out how to compress the videos but evetually I got the codes and program to work.
  So what can I say about the band? They make covers of 60's hits with ukuleles and they're fucking awesome!

Ukuleles + costumes= awesome
I love the kinks original version of "You really got me", but the uke solo might
just make this version even more awesome.


Is it starting to get expensive trashing guitars Jimi Hendrix style?
Ukuleles are cheaper!

Their version of "Penny lane", one of my favorite Beatles songs that I didn't know
was made by Beatles. I heard David Bowie's cover and  didn't know it was a cover..
damn youtube uploaders that never write proper descriptions..
Trellebelle's cover might not reach the musical standards of the original but thanks to the
ukuleles it's equal in awesomness!


Wikipedia fact; Uke can be used an abbreviation of ukulele and have absolutely nothing to do with yaoi. 

Wow my first entry that wasn't finished in the middle of night! Have a nice afternoon and evening everyone!
//Lina


1 comment:

  1. Hej! Va kul att du gillade vår konsert i Malmö.
    Blev glad och stolt när jag hittade din blogg.
    Kul för mig personligen att du gillade solot.
    Hälsningar från Gerry i Trellebelle (han i den vite rocken)

    ReplyDelete