Monday, August 23, 2010

Syntjuntan

Yesterday I was at a kind of synth sewing workshop at malmöfestivalen with Aneta.
 It started with a not too melodic concert with the people leading the workshop. I can't honestly say I was disappointed when it was cut short due to the heavy rain, even though I'm like syntheziers and exprimental music. it was interesting to watch and listen to for a while anyway.

Then we got to the fun part where they handed out the "sewing kits" and everyone got to make their own synth. The main idea was to make a really simple synth with a circuit, capacitor and LDR(ligh dependent resistor) but instead of soldering the pieces together we used metallic thread to stitch them together.

Materials and instructions.

My fellow synth seamstress in action.
Almost finished.
A video of my synth in action. I forgot to film the grand finale of the workshop when everyone performed together.. but trust me, your ears are grateful that I did.

//Lina

No comments:

Post a Comment